Notes before installation
Oplon Global Distributed Gateway Windows portable APP It can be used in any windows system without the need for installation being preconfigured in a zip and can be used directly without altering the system and other pre-existing tools.
Oplon Global Distributed Gateway it is a product intended for mission critical environments therefore only staff who have completed the course and passed the exam are authorized to certify the installation and maintenance of the products in operation. All certified persons are provided with a certificate of participation in the courses and passing the exam Oplon.
Preparing to install
To obtain Oplon Global Distributed Gateway simply download through the website www.oplon.net. You can unlock Oplon Global Distributed Gateway by purchasing your licenses at any time.
Compatibility Matrix and Sizing
Oplon Global Distributed Gateway is a distributed PORTABLE application that is available directly from download. To get your download login credentials, simply send an email to Oplon: email@example.com.
Images directly available from the site:
- Portable zipped image compatible from Windows VISTA or upper
Machine sizing is dependent on the modules that will be activated and starts at 512MB RAM up.
Oplon Global Distributed Gateway for Windows Systems is a PORTABLE application and is distributed through a compressed image (zip) that can be easily installed on any local or remote windows desktop system. Being a portable application does not interfere with applications already installed.
To perform the installation, simply download the zip and once you have obtained to position yourself in the source directory (recommended C:) and run sequentially:
1) Checking disk spaces (1.5GB free)
2) Unzip image LBL_WINPXXXYYYXXX_Complete.zip
3) You will get the TCOProject directory added to C:
4) (optional but recommended) Go to C:\TCOProject\tools and run
This tool makes it easy to open the "Command Prompt" window by hovering over a file manager directory and pressing the right mouse button will appear "Open DOS Window").
5) Open a "Command Prompt" window in: C:\TCOProject\bin\LBL\LBLLoadBalancer
On the first run, in addition to setting the following environment variables, the batch will copy some necessary files.
You won't need to change the environment variables if you chose to install it in C:\TCOProject otherwise they will need to be changed.
set LBL_HOME-C:\TCOProject\bin\LBL\LBLLoadBalancer set LBL_GUIRECORDER_HOME-C:\TCOProject\bin\LBL\LBLREliabilityTools set LBL_SETUP_HOME-C:\TCOProject\bin\LBL\LBLSetup set LBL_JAVA_HOME-C:\TCOProject\bin\Java\jdk1.8.0_144
7) Then run lblsetup.bat and the address setting window to access through web consoles and the password logins of root users and delegation for other systems will open.
9) Set the passwords of the root user and the delegation user and run the < Save & exit > NB Save root and delegation credentials to a secure place.
10) You can now start the main module using the "go" command to start Oplon (before the go always run lblsetenv.bat):
11) With your browser, type the selected address in https with port 4444 e.g.:
12) Type login (if not modified with lblsetup.bat is "root") and type the password to access the dashboard
Installing CATALOG licenses
To install Oplon Catalog licenses, that is, those that allow the web interface to add nodes under management in aggregate, run:
1) Navigate to the directory: C:\TCOProject-bin-LBL-LBLLoadBalancer-lib-conf
2) Copy the license.xml file provided by TCOGROUP (Make sure that the license is the correct one from the relevant directory).
The result should look like the following image:
3) You can now start the main module using the "go" command to start Oplon:
4) With your browser, type the selected
address in https with port
5) Type login (if not modified with lblsetup.bat is "root") and type password to access the dashboard then check through the selection of settings in the top right
6) If the Nodes and Clusters choices also appear, and you can enter the two selections the license has been successfully acquired.
Start Oplon when the desktop starts
On all supported windows systems, you can run Oplon at startup by following these steps:
Start Oplon in the background / foreground
To enable or disable the player start with command prompt window and run the player in the background or foreground you can use the -batch parameter when the go.bat starts:
Start in foreground -
Start in backgound -
To stop all Oplon modules launched in the foreground run from prompt:
Ctrl-C or type
To stop all Oplon modules launched in the background by windows task managers, stop the javaw process and then all associated java processes.
Start Oplon as a Windows service
Oplon it can run as an unattended service and as such has may need to be launched automatically when the system starts. To do this on MS Windows-based systems (x86 or x64), you must do the following:
Download the resource kit from the site www.microsoft.com
Run the downloaded file and go to the directory obtained e.g.: C:\Windows Resource Kits-Tools
Run in dependency of the windows release: Windows 2003 or lower:
instsrv.exe "LBL(r)Monitor" "C:\Windows Resource Kits-Tools-srvany.exe"
Windows 2008 or higher (cmd LBL_HOME/legacyBin/Windows/LBLLoadBalancerSrv.bat):
sc create "LBL(r)Monitor" binPath " "C:\Windows Resource Kits-Tools-srvany.exe"
Check with "Administrative Tools" and "Services" the correct insertion into the service table
With regedit position yourself on (reg LBL_HOME/legacyBin/Windows/LBLLoadBalancerSrv.reg):
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE-SYSTEM-CurrentControlSet-Services-LBL(r)Monitor ... and verify that it's created
Take the sample configuration file: (LBL_HOME)/legacyBin/Windows/LBLLoadBalancerSrv.reg
Edit the sample contents of the file LBLLoadBalancerSrv.reg with the absolute location of the Java Virtual Machine and the Home directory of Oplon:
- Run the file "LBLLoadBalancerSrv.reg"
Check with regedit that the values in [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE-SYSTEM-CurrentControlSet-Services-LBL(r)Monitor
On services change the user and password to which the process will be associated with "Administrator"
Run the start of the service:
At this point Oplon has been started. From the Monitor, you can perform all start/stop operations of processes related to Oplon.
- To remove the service, first stop balancing processes from Web Conosole, and then stop the Windows service for balancing Oplon. Once the service has been stopped Oplon Type:
Windows 2003 or lower:
instsrv.exe "LBL(r)Monitor" remove
Windows 2008 or higher:
sc remove "LBL(r)Monitor"
Update to new release version
To update to a new release version, you must have the zip-formatted package that shows the name with the final deployment version "_patch" e.g.:
Once you have the deployment patch, simply position yourself on the windows machine where the installation is located and unzip it within the directory C:\TCOProject
The result must be as follows (with the numbering for the downloaded release):
After running the unzip open the command prompt window in the patch directory:
And run the batch: